Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Drunk Driving



Drinking and driving tonight.
Why am I in such a hurry?
Alcohol mixed with pain is
making my vision double and blurry.

Heart is pounding, im going crazy.
Chest is heavy, brain ain’t steady.

Speed limit says 40,
but im breaking 80.
Seatbelt unbuckled, although it
feels like my hands are shackled.

Racing to you, hoping
that you’ll take me,
back to where we once was.
Driving calm and steady,
with you beside me.

Admiring the rays of the sun,
as it touches and caresses your face.
Way back to those days when you
were always feisty and ready, to
pounce at me with your hugs and your kisses.

I remember your sunny smile
as the summer breeze gracefully
sways your long dark hair. Even
though my head is ringing right
now to what sounds like a thousand bells.

Clearly not sober, but I do remember,
the look, that you gave me saying:
“I will always be here on your passenger seat my baby”

Next thing I knew, heard
an awful bang and a crash.
Glasses were flying,
metals are bending,
it just all happened too fast.

Head is busted, feels like I’m still wasted.
Eyes are swollen and ribs are broken.
Now lying in this hospital bed, with
blood shot eyes and a bandaged head.

Know someday I’ll heal, but I wish I was dead.
That thought is pretty grim, however the reality
of not being with you is guaranteed death.
Rather me as a ghost and watch over you instead,
than be alone forever, without you in my bed.

(A Series of Unfortunate Events...)

No comments: