Friday, May 6, 2011

Summer of Horrors

Dear Summer,

I am so tired that I am in a state of spiral. Although it looks like I am managing, I am actually in quick sand and I am slowly sinking. Summer is my least favorite part of all the seasons not only because of the horrible horrible heat but also with quite a few factors. To top the list I have summer school and the scheduling really knocks the wind out of you. Everything has become routine and I just go through the motions. The only good thing about school is that you’re indoors and the AC is way up so you’re safe from the horrid summer heat and from the abominable heat stroke.

When I get home, due to brain exhaustion I just drop dead to snooze central .I love sleep but it has become a hindrance for me and Amber. Sometimes the exhaustion just gets to me resulting to nada walks for me and Amber, which I admit ways heavily on my conscience. Before going to school I feel really down when I see Amber’s “please take me with you” puppy face. Our time has been cut short and I guess I am experiencing what every parents feel when they leave their kids in a daycare center or a sitter.


The so-called: Please Take Me With You look.


I miss California and my family too. I had a recent conversation with my brother days ago and all we talked about were the things we used to do and the games we used to play. Seriously I just miss the comfort of home; arguments and agreements with my dad, my mom’s home cooking and the times playing the PS3 and World of Warcraft all day only leaving the room for snacks and bio breaks. Those were indeed the best of times.

Summer has prevented me from going back home to California to see my family and friends. Summer has sprained my walks with Amber. Summer has beaten me dead tired with strenuous school work, but despite that summer has taught me to cope and adapt with reality and the future of the real world. That sacrifices must be made and not everything is a walk in the park. That being separated from comfort and the things that you are used too can make you endure, learn and grow. Although barely breathing, and back with insomnia due to after school snooze’s, I will overcome the horrors of summer no matter what. Till the rainy season commence, summer, I won’t let you fry my brains, touché!

Not your friend,

Conrad

No comments: