Friday, March 18, 2011

LOVE, In Due Time..

Ah LOVE...
it is a topic that I rarely blog about. Probably because, coming from a guy it might seem cheesy LOL! but tonight I just have to get this out of my head and put my thoughts into writing so here we go.

Love is purely magic, and I can say that by experience. The feeling of having someone who's always there for you, checks up on you when you wake, someone who makes sure that you have eaten your breakfast lunch and dinner and that someone who wishes you a warm blanket and a sweet sleep goodnight, I am all for it, but seems luck on the love department hasn't shined one me for as long as I can remember but no matter, for tonight I was inspired not by a crush or some pretty lady but one of my professors from my college.

This professor used to be so up-tight, and everyone feared her. I remember in our first semester, I almost got into an argument during the first days of schools because I did not attend a somewhat tour and an over view of our college. We were a noisy bunch, but somehow when she's the prof. everyone seems to be on their best behavior. No one joked around, everyone avoided absences or being late because we all knew the consequences of her fury.

Alas,then came LOVE.
After surviving the first semester, I thought that she was a pretty darn good professor but, I still had that fear installed in me whenever I see her. Nonetheless things changed and she lightened up. We can now talk to her in a friendly manner and throw jokes around and it is very visible that her aura is bright and her smiles are warm. To cut the story short she found true love and she is getting hitched tomorrow :)

We had our last class with her tonight, she sang and gave advice, which I admit, I shed a tear. It was very heart warming, the effects of love and what it can do to someone, that is purely magic!


Love is a weird thing. Sometimes people have it so good, but in the end they still ending up hurting and loosing each other. Love doesn't come with "Forever" and "Satisfaction Guaranteed" it comes with hurdles and problems but it also comes with teamwork, sacrifice and most importantly trust.

In contrast some people have it so wrong, not realizing the essence of true love. People with the mentality that there are no better ones out there for them. The ones who think that if they leave the person who made them look like fools and hurt them, they'll end up alone and miserable. Don't be naive! Wake Up and smell the coffee! There is too much love out there waiting for you and you deserve someone worth it and much much better.

So the saying goes that: just wait for love and it will come and find you: that theory probably worked for my professor, because love has seized her. But does that thought apply to those people who are tired of waiting for love? Should we go out and jump head first to find "the one"? that I don't have the answer to and that's a mystery that even I don't think scooby-doo can and his gang could solve. That's the beauty and mystery of love, it just hits you, you go blind.

I don't know if this post will ever reach her, Im scared of the thought of what she might say after she reads this, but I wish her all the blessings and love in the world because she truly deserves every bit of it.

In fact it's not only her who deserves it but also for the ones who haven't forgotten the meaning of true love. KUDOS!

Sincerely,
your hopeless romantic,
-Conrad

No comments: