Thursday, September 17, 2009

What Dog Should I Get?


I am a dog lover. Since i was a kid i love puppies and i had a bunch of dogs as pets. Now i have this dilemma on what is the perfect dog to keep as a house dog. One that could just stay in the house and keep me company. One that i could take for walks when i am not busy, hopefully teach some tricks and just play around with. So here are my best 2 choices:

1.Japanese Spitz: My very first dog was a Japanese Spitz named Guss. his name is reference to the movie "iron will" and its about dog sled racing. He was my bestest friend when i was growing up. I love his pure white fur and the fact that he looks like a wolf is a plus. Sadly when Guss departed for dog heaven i was stricken. It was my first heart break. Anyways he was a good dog, so im considering getting another Japanese Spitz. The Upside is that they are very loving of their masters, quite playful and they don't grow that big. The downside is that they bark a lot at strangers, although they easily get accustomed with that stranger as long as they see that their master is friends with that person. The downside is their long white fur and the continuous shedding.

2.Labrador Retriever: I used to have a Labrador retriever. Although i only spent 3 months with my lab as a puppy, those 3 months were simply enough to convince me to fall in love with the breed. My lab's name was Cindy, as reference to the Filipina Actress "Cindy Kurleto". My lab was a darling with her cute puppy eyes and her playful nature. My experience with this breed is that they are very friendly. My lab got accustomed easily to all my family members as well as my friends. Also i remember that it took her a while to learn how to climb and get down from the stairs, but when she mastered it, it was a joy for me to see. I have just recently watched the movie a "Marley and Me" and i was sobbing at the end of the movie, lol. I am a big fan of the breed and wouldn't mind getting another lab. The upside is that labs are very friendly, adorable and easy to train. What i consider to be their downside is that they are medium sized dogs but they grow quite big and that they also require a lot of exercise.

Those are basically my two choices, either which breed i choose im sure its going to be awesome! Dogs Rule!

No comments: