Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Wanted: Juliet


A book is useless without a reader,
It only serves as mere paper weight.
Same goes for the heart,
Each beat has no meaning without Love.

As the words in this poem are ill fated,
without my target Juliet reading it.
At least it will be published and like a
wanted ad she might notice my words
and read it.

Life has been full of misfortunes for this
make believe Romeo.
Chapter by chapter, page by page is a story
of love lost, pain and heartbreak.

Maybe Cupid has lost his touch?
Or maybe it’s the other way around.
Cause every arrow that pierces me and breaks
Only makes me wiser and stronger with experience.
For this Romeo is a fool and knows that
learning from past mistakes, ain’t that easy
as baking a chicken pot pie or a chocolate cake.

Looking for a reader who can change this
wickedly awful depressing love streak.
One that has patience one that has brains.
One who is sweet,one who won’t drive me insane.
Not one who is like a zombie and will go for my brains.

If you are the subject of every word that I speak.
Read thy poem, just smile, there is no need to speak.

Does this Juliet exist?
Maybe she’s a poet and in turn will write about me too,
or maybe she’s a musician who can sing and strum away
my bad mood and the blues.
Maybe she’s a painter, who posses colorful pastels
or maybe a ballerina who will dance with me and make me
feel like I am floating on air.

Truth is, this hopeless romantic has given up on true love,
Love that is make believe and is only seen on movies
and on your T.V. screens.

Just looking for a Juliet who like him loves cookies and cream,
dinner and a movie, and coffee while staring at the moon beams.
A reader of books, a dreamer of dreams.
Part wild, part crazy, part cool, part lazy.

Juliet if you're out there, I am waiting.. :)

No comments: