Tuesday, May 25, 2010

You

I’ve experienced the highest of highs and the lowest of lows.
Been through hell and back and God is the only one who knows.

Now I am feeling very lucky that depression is subsiding and that
the pain clouds are clearing. Even with these love scars, I am
thankful to have survived what felt like a fatal shark attack.

Believe it or not,
It is you who got me smiling again, you who got me writing.
You who got me feeling, that true love might just be hiding
and that all it takes is time, a whole lot of patience and waiting.

They say, good things come to those who wait.
So I ask you, have you been good and waiting?
Cause you have definitely lured my heart with your
lovely eyes and your witty poetry as bait.

You, put the good back in my mornings.
You, put the lovely back in my nights.
You, put the sweetness back in my dreams.
You, are the main reason why I hug my pillow tight.

I don’t see you that often,
But somehow you are all that I’ve spoken.
You are the subject of my dreams.
You are the body of my poems.
You are the one that I desire.

You are the most probable reason,
on why my heart is beating faster.
Now vulnerable and open,
Like an arcade machine labeled
“Insert coin here” and I believe that
You have the token.

Even if it takes 50 first dates,
I would wait for you and do whatever it takes.
So you, please just sit there and hold on tight.
For now let’s enjoy our dinner and the company of the night.
For maybe one day, I will always be by your side.
With the feeling of never wanting to leave,
holding your hand, and at the same time happy
and contented while waiting for the morning light.

:)

No comments: